!IN_ARRAY($STYLE, ['ROCKSTAR', 'NINJA', 'MONKEY']);
public static $us;
Lifeblue is a digital agency in Plano, TX focusing on working with organizations and institutions that impact the world in a positive way. We’re an iterative, experimental collective of design thinkers and doers that will challenge everything you think you know about digital design agencies. We are a small, tight-knit group of dreamers and schemers. We are entrepreneurs that embrace working outside of our comfort zone, and love to take on the big “what ifs” of the Web. With clients like Dallas Morning News, Heifer International, Perot Museum of Nature and Science and many others, there is no shortage of places where your experience and contributions will make a difference. We are passionate about learning and making a difference in our clients' businesses through creating sound strategies and amazing user experiences.
Working here means working with purpose-driven innovators, including a few that might even be smarter than you. You'll be collaborating with experts in a diverse range of backgrounds, including economics, game design, teaching, computer science, writing, fine art, environmental graphic design, mathematics, history, music and public speaking.
You're not a potassium-loving primate, a feudal saboteur, or a autograph-signing guitar hero, so why call yourself a code monkey, server ninja, or programming rockstar? You have the wonderful ability to control computers with code; you're good at it. Everyone always seems to seek your advice, skill, or approval when dealing with technology. Sometimes you love it more when you don't have the answer, because it poses as an opportunity to learn something new. You've written code outside of academia. You've written code at hours of the day whenever everyone else was asleep. You've ingested a beverage for the sole purpose of helping your fingers finish one more function.
But you know there's more to web programming than that and we want to help you discover what that is.
- Minding your own business and punching your timesheet at the end of the day
- Working in a silo or a server closet
- Getting by as just another cog in the machine
- Copying and pasting the same old code
- Alphabet soup: PHP, MySQL, Git, OOP, DRY, grep, NoSQL, AWS, SSH, REST, cURL, bash, JSON
- Help a coworker setup a virtual host
- Troubleshoot a 500 response code on a server
- Decouple one class from another
- Create a CRUD interface for a blog engine
- Passionately discuss the ramifications of a feature. Articulately suggest alternative solutions. Implement the "right" one.
- Can prioritize the following list correctly and explain why:
- Separation of concerns
- Application performance
- Rapid development
- Have "programmer morals". Know when to compromise them.
- Be able to explain any of the requirements above to a client in a way that makes them smarter
- Solutions sooner are better than perfect solutions never
- Write things in markdown
- Have a favorite distro
- Able to work without the use of a mouse
- Are part of a development community
- Understand the ways in which vim is superior to emacs
- More alphabet soup: regex, Node.js, Redis, jQuery, CSS/LESS
while ($us += $you)
- The opportunity to save the world from bad design
- Competitive compensation, profit sharing, health/vision/dental benefits, 401(k)
- 3 months paid maternity leave, 1 month paid paternity leave
- Flexible scheduling, meaning no set “work hours”
- Flexible vacationing, meaning no limiting “vacation policy” (and yes, people actually take vacation here)
- A casual-dress, and a results-only work environment
- A healthy professional development budget you can use to go to conferences, take classes, buy books, etc.
- Work alongside a purpose-driven team of exceptional people that balance truth and passion
- A constantly collaborative environment
- Video games, office music, board games, group events, team sports, and a great sense of camaraderie to help keep everyone sane and foster their creativity & productivity
- The opportunity to shape the company – we need your expertise
- A culture that fosters growth and pushes you to reach further personally and professionally
Lifeblue is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We not only embrace diversity, but celebrate it and are committed to creating an inclusive and safe work environment for all of our employees.